Search This Blog

Friday 31 October 2008

Root for My Father !!!

Hearing one of our family members seriously ill and not be able to see or hear him or her is painful for all who live far from home in foreign country. We all live and carry death within our selves and we are not sure when is going to be the final day for each one of us. Death back home in Ethiopia, however, is afflicting many of our people due to starvation, disease and war and I wonder how many of our people are in their eighties or nineties.

I am one of the lucky ones who have elderly parents father and mother. My father will in a week or two will turn 94 years old and the last days however have been very difficult for him.

The last time I talked to my father was on our new year on September and I am afraid that might be the last time to hear his voice and I need all of you to remember my father as as a good man and a patriot who gave one of his eyes fighting Mussolini in Southern Ethiopia and loves his country beyond anything else.

Let us root for him to celebrate his 94 birthday in two weeks time.

Thanks,

Tedla Asfaw