Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 October 2009

Patriot Shaleka Atanew Wase



I followed the late Shaleka Aranew Wasse memorial audio posted on Assimba website. I send my condolence on comment I  posted on Debteraw the moment I heard his passing away. It is indeed sad such a brave man sacrifice is not recognized by the so called opposition medias in the diaspora.

The truth of the matter is our shortsightedness and selfishness in the business of politics. We divided ourselves so too Ethiopian heroes among ourselves. Rather than honor them as Ethiopia's heroes we  own them and exploit them for our own narrow political interest.

I am not surprised to see patriotic fathers like Shaleka Atanew victimized on his death too. However, his patriotic story will be told thanks to his sons and all who know him very well. I have no doubt that a huge volume will come out soon to teach future generations the sacrifice paid to defend Ethiopia by ordianry people.

For those of who are in business of informing our people it is appropriate to tell the story of our heroes dead or alive without any prejudice.

                                                                                                                Ethiopia Heroes are Our Treasure !!!

                                                                                                                      Tedla Asfaw